Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Welche 말읕 soll ich choisir?

[Okay, sorry, that was dumb.]

Language Week! Admittedly, I'd never heard of it before yesterday, but apparently it's a blogging thing which is next week. Rules here. So next week I'll be blogging in Other Languages! German, with maybe a wee bit of French. Translations will be included. Or maybe translating will be what I do. We'll see. Should be great fun! Just so you know, it definitely doesn't require fluency, and the rules are quite flexible, so check it out if it sounds at all interesting, and let me know if you decide to participate!

One more thing I need to grouch about a little. Yesterday I was bored, so I watched a movie in ten-minute segments on YouTube. A long movie. And you know what I found out at the very end, after more than two hours of getting emotionally involved? The video that was supposed to contain the last ten minutes of the movie, in which everything was resolved, was instead just the credits. Deprived of a dénouement by a devious YouTuber, ugh. If you think the moral of this story is, Do not watch movies on YouTube, you can keep your wisdom to yourself. ;) Just kidding.

6 comments:

  1. I'm still considering whether or not to do a post entirely in Spanish. I'm rather afraid to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a bit frightened also, but let that not to a good little adventure admit impediments. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know dear, the next time you want to illegally watch a movie, you could just download it instead of going through the pain of ten minute increments. Or even better, you could rent it on itunes, which is legal to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah, I watched Just My Luck on youtube a while ago. I missed one of the segements in the middle, so the rest of the movie didn't make much sense.

    I would definately participate in language week if I actually knew another language.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Language Week thing sounds fun. I think I might try to do a post in French.

    ReplyDelete