Thursday, November 22, 2007

Scratch that. I don't have it in me to tackle Beowulf after less than thirty minutes of lecture on it. The Inferno it is; more specifically, the fifth canto, in which Dante the Pilgrim has his famous encounter with Paolo and Francesca in the Second Circle of Hell.

I swear, writing a paper feels like as painful a process as giving birth (though I can't say I know from personal experience). It's like the mental equivalent of labor. My brain and emotions are addled beyond the powers of description to say. This is the first major push: picking a topic, which will develop into a thesis. The second push is actually writing the essay.

Believe you me, I am going to drop this English major like a potato Enna's been playing with.

3 comments:

  1. Writing essays is painful. Hence the reason for procrastination. ;0

    Teehee. A potato Enna's been playing with. Or Spider. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I hate essays. Nice analogy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Essays are no fun. And neither was reading part of the Inferno for Lit. earlier this year... :)

    ReplyDelete