Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I join the swooners

So I'd seen some of the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice before, but yesterday I watched the whole first disc with Nikki and Anna, and I'll probably watch the second one tomorrow. This time Mr. Darcy was so much more swoonerific. Ne'er was there a hotter scowl. Oh, swoon. And every time I saw him I got a jolt like, Hey, I've seen that guy! (Thanks to LRRH, a certain cardboard man, and a very attractive squash, ahem.) When he made his confession to Lizzy, friends down the hall attest that I was shrieking, "THIS IS WHY HE'S SO HOT!" I threw the back of my hand to my brow and toppled over at that point.

And I liked the coats they wore riding. Hurrah for men in breeches. I do believe a reread of Austenland is in order.

Sigh.

Nice to be part of the swooning masses of Firth-Darcy fans. =)

1 comment:

  1. So nice to have you among the Colin Firth/Mr. Darcy swooners. It's a fun place to be. :)

    ReplyDelete