Wednesday, January 16, 2008

As they say, better late than never

So what if we're already a month into winter? Winter Reading Challenge, here I come!

The list:

Dragon Slippers, by Jessica Day George
Sense and Sensibility, by Jane Austen
The Narnian, by Alan Jacobs
The Beekeeper’s Apprentice, by Laurie R. King
The Sweet Far Thing, by Libba Bray**
A Tale of Time City, by Diana Wynne Jones
Kiki Strike: Inside the Shadow City, by Kirsten Miller
Spindle’s End, by Robin McKinley
The Book of Three, by Lloyd Alexander
The Interesting Narrative of the Life of Olaudah Equiano, by Olaudah Equiano
Surprised by Joy, by C.S. Lewis**
Cyrano de Bergerac, by Edmond Rostand*
Enna Burning, by Shannon Hale*
Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Brontë

It's a little ambitious, but hey, I have no lit. class this semester, and therefore no assigned reading demanding time and attention that belong to leisure reading. Plus this half-semester I have only three courses.

*Rereads
**This is me being sly -- these are books I have already begun.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, sounds fun and nice and lovely. *sigh* I need more time and money for books! Also, I wanted to tell you that I love your picture. It's so very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ghillies shot? Thanks. :)

    The nearby and well-stocked public library protects me from book-imposed poverty. Time...well, I MAKE time by pushing less important demands (e.g. homework, sleep) to the side. ;)

    ReplyDelete