Sunday, February 10, 2008

A slice of Pi

"Richard Parker has stayed with me. I've never forgotten him. Dare I say I miss him? I do. I miss him. I still see him in my dreams. They are nightmares mostly, but nightmares tinged with love. Such is the strangeness of the human heart. I still cannot understand how he could abandon me so unceremoniously, without any sort of goodbye, without looking back even. That pain is like an axe that chops at my heart."

- Yann Martel
from Life of Pi


Strange book. But good. It's been about two years since I read it. Richard Parker is not what you probably think he is.

5 comments:

  1. My mom really loves this book and desperately wants me to read it. So it's currently in a pile of books in my room where it's been for like the past...five months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your new header.

    I actually heard of this book somewhere. I think LittleRed reccommended it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this a while ago, too - it was definitely very interesting, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Maribeth. :) I'm pretty sure LR never recommended it, but it's quite well-known.

    ReplyDelete