Thursday, February 28, 2008

Snippets

• My friend taught me how to French braid recently, and I can do it on myself now! Very pleased about that. :) Learning how to do something new always makes my day, and I love the look of French braids.

• On Tuesday I obeyed the hair-cutting urge that surfaces periodically and cut me some bangs. The first cut of the scissors was very frightening, as were the results, but miraculously I sorted it out, and I quite like how they look now.

• Gaelic Storm (a truly awesome Irish band who played the music in the third-class party scene in Titanic) is playing in Chicago the night I return from spring break. I probably won't go, but I would so love to...

• My way cool senior buddy who resurrected and now heads the North Korean Human Rights Club is going to be in the Bay Area over spring break, so we're going to rendezvous in the city and I'll get to show her around my magnificent hometown! Yay!

• A sampling of the songs I have recently been infatuated with /am currently infatuated with (I get on kicks where I just want to listen to the same songs over and over for a couple weeks):
"Redemption Song" - Bob Marley
"Fidelity" - Regina Spektor
"From the Inside Out" and "All I Need Is You" - Hillsong
"Upward Over the Mountain" and "Resurrection Fern" - Iron & Wine

• I started copying some Celtic knotwork, and it's positively addicting. Now to try making some of my own...

• The next forty-eight hours look to be rather horrendous. French test, German papers, seventeenth-century German novel (aayyyiii...) to read, ushering for a concert, and North Korean film showing are the worst of it. I've just returned from securing a supply of espresso for myself.

6 comments:

  1. I learned how to french braid once...but there's no one to practice it on (everyone around me has super short hair or so many layers the hair just...droops)... and I'm afraid if I try it on myself, well, I don't want to think about that... ;)

    I wonder if I still remember how to do it... (!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. French braiding isn't terribly hard, but I'm still not good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You cut your hair? Wow. I would be way too scared. My friend cut my bangs though because they were getting really and bad. I should learn how though since I haven't got my hair cut since August. I love French braids they're so cute. But unfortunately, I can't do it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maribeth -- it was pretty freaky, but after I made the first cut, there was no going back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you cut the hair. That is scary. But then again, when I was younger(3 or 4) I did it fairly easy. :) I've been french braiding my hair for years, I don't remember how I learned. I think a friend showed me how too. :)

    ReplyDelete