Thursday, March 6, 2008

Reading challenge, attempt #2

Hurrah for Enna Isilee's reading challenge!

So, for the Twisted Fairy Tale Challenge, I intend to read:
Wildwood Dancing, by Juliet Marillier
Spindle's End, by Robin McKinley
The Princess and the Hound, by Mette Ivie Harrison (I didn't know it was a "twisted fairy tale," but if the challenge organizer says so, it must be true!)
Magic and Other Misdemeanors, by Michael Buckley (I figure, it's got fairy tale characters running amok in it and that should be enough. Also, I don't think the Sisters Grimm books are very well-written, but for some reason I'm slightly addicted. How annoying.)

But the list is flexible.

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
- Romans 8:37-40

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I love Wildwood Dancing and Spindle's End. I read the Princess and the Hound last summer. Thought it was okay. :)

    Good luck! I hope you can get all your books read! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. I agree with the Sisters Grimm statement. I'm reading Spindle's End right now, it's really good. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. drat, I think I'll have to do this. I didn't like Spindle's end but adored some of her others (Beauty and Rose Daughter).

    ReplyDelete