Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

(That ^ was on my friend's Facebook profile. Funny in a slightly dreadful way.)

I lied. I guess by the time I could make myself post something announcing my absence, I'd been absent long enough, haha.

In Friday's edition of my college's newspaper, the stories at the top of the front page were the announcement of plans to triple the college's bandwith, and the death of the third alumnus to commit suicide this year. I don't know why, but seeing those stories juxtaposed kind of made me want to bash my head against a piece of furniture or growl profanity into my pillow. Or something.

There was a visiting high school student here a week or so ago from ENGLAND. She was teeny, and hilarious, and had, of course, a fabulous accent. And now I'm her friend on Facebook, huzzah!

Up next: some Madeleine L'Engle poetry, I think.

2 comments:

  1. That title is so twisted. But I love it.

    The quote you entered in my giveaway totally made me chuckle. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really sad about the suicide thing. :(
    She sounds kewel. :D

    ReplyDelete