Monday, April 28, 2008

Top twenty

From Miss Erin.

What: Top twenty favourite books in no particular order. Don’t think about it for too long. Take twenty minutes only to compile your list. Bold the ones you’ve read, or reread, since you’ve started blogging.* Include novels, non fiction and plays.

The Goose Girl, by Shannon Hale
Blood Red Horse, by K.M. Grant
Princess Academy, by Shannon Hale
Honeymoon in Purdah, by Alison Wearing
Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen
Persuasion, by Jane Austen
Ex Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader, by Anne Fadiman
Dominion, by Matthew Scully
Sabriel, by Garth Nix
The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, by C.S. Lewis
Madame Bovary, by Gustave Flaubert
Habibi, by Naomi Shihab Nye
The Dark is Rising, by Susan Cooper
Never in a Hurry, by Naomi Shihab Nye
Cyrano de Bergerac, by Edmond Rostand
Surprised By Joy, by C.S. Lewis
Mere Christianity, by C.S. Lewis
The Screwtape Letters, by C.S. Lewis
Reading Lolita in Tehran, by Azar Nafisi


Try it yourself, and tell me if you do! Don't let it be hard.

*nota bene: LotR is the only one I haven't read since beginning this blog.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, I really need to read those three Lewis books. Have you read Till We Have Faces?

    A lot of your other favorites are on my to-read list, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, now I *really* want to read Surprised by Joy. :)
    I added everything here that I haven't read to my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'd really like to do this... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i never new what nb stood for, or that it was italian. our professor told us in italian last week & i thought it was so cool haha.

    ReplyDelete