Thursday, September 4, 2008

Awesome sauce falling from the sky


Today it is cool and rainy, which makes me do a mental dance of joy! It's been in the eighties much of the time I've been here so far, which besides being limiting, clothing-wise, is just uncomfortable.

So I skipped chapel (there should not be chapel on Thursdays!) to play Guitar Hero with my roomie. Yay. :)

And I got to wear my powerful boots. Not just attractive, comfortable, practical in rain, and the answer to the boot yearnings I was having all summer, for me they're the shoes that put a little crackle in my step and seem to emanate don't-eff-with-me vibes. You know what I'm talking about?

And then I had an unusually productive hour in the library doing my sociology reading. It's dead interesting, as textbooks go, and I love, love, love being in a library while it's raining outside. (Yes, that's right; raining outside, not inside.)

Speaking of which, my classes this semester, in case you're interested:
  • Intro to Sociology
  • Masterpieces of German Lit. to 1850
  • Intermediate French
  • New Testament Lit. and Interpretation
And then I came back here to my room to play some more GH. (Hey, I just moved myself up to Medium - I need the extra practice to master the blue button!)

11 comments:

  1. I love Guitar Hero.

    Absolutely.

    -Madds

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a fun day.

    I love rain.

    Everyone talks about Guitar Hero, and I'm sort of jealous, because I've never played it.

    I love DDR though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a life. I'm glad you liked wearing your boots. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suck so badly at GH, it's pathetic. You sound like you're having fun on it though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maddie - high five and welcome!

    Maribeth, I used to play DDR...back when it was newish. ;) Fun but not quite as good as Guitar Hero. (I think. Heh.) I hope you get a chance to try it sometime!

    enc - Yes, the college life...it has its sordid underpinnings, but I appreciate why adults look back on it fondly. It certainly can be awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. first of all, that pic is awesome!

    er, i think i'm one of the adults who looks at college life fondly. hehe. i just miss being a student. and having less responsibilities than being in the real "working world".

    yay for kick-ass boots! i'm sure you know that its so hot here in SF these days (high 90s) that now i can't wait for fall, if only to wear scarves and boots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love rain! Its been raining where I live all week and its great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm dying for fall to come.

    And I want a pair of those boots. Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guitar Hero is SO much drugs! It's like morphine... I hope no one there has Rock Band, that's even worse... >.>

    Sociology is such an interesting class. I hope you enjoy it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never played Guitar Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Odessa - Isn't it? :) That's how I feel when I play and probably how I look too. And by no means do I cast aspersions on adults who looks back on college fondly...I know I will.

    Edge - I got them at a thrift store. :) The best place for such finds. I might have to give The Boots their own post soon, or at least further discussion...

    So true, Cassandra! O_O I've started seeing the little color buttons when I'm falling asleep. Thank goodness, none of my friends has Rock Band. And soc is already brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete