Thursday, September 18, 2008

I am the Empress of Antarctica

Friday is mercy incarnate.

My roomie is murmuring ancient Hebrew on the other side of the room, and Yael Naim is singing out of my headphones in modern Hebrew.

I am wondering which comes first when someone who shares your faults annoys you:

Do you first notice and dislike them in that person and through that become aware that you have those tendencies as well? Or - do you dislike them in the other person because they are your faults and it is unpleasant to see them more objectively?

There is incense dust on my keyboard. ♥

I am having an absolute blast with a free 30-day screen-capture software trial.

Also with my character today - the Cupcake Fairy.

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely pictures.

    And when I think about it, I usually notice the faults first and dislike, and then soon after, I realize what a hypocrite I've been. It can either be very humbling or...even more irritating. Or both, I guess. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humility is kind of an irritant, Rebecca Joy. ;)

    Q - She's learning ancient Hebrew because she's a Bible major.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say it is simultaneous... the person begins doing something that really gets on my wick and then I go, "ohhhh, riiiiight...and _that_ would be why."

    Those rainbow cakes are quite the wickedest cakes I have ever seen in my life.

    ReplyDelete