Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Personality Test Dork Awareness Day

Thanks to having a best friend who's a psychology major, I'm slightly infatuated with the Myers-Briggs personality test.

I love learning what type people are, so that's what you gotta do if you want today's entry: take the test (unless you already have previously) and then tell us what your result is!

I, for your information, am an INFP - the so-called Idealist.

In my opinion, the best part about knowing your type is being able to read up on yourself (which in itself probably says something about my personality). The descriptions of your tendencies and abilities can be startlingly on-target. There's tons of that sort of information to be found on the internet, but if you're interested, this page is a good starting point.

Test away, me hearties!

P.S. It was a real treat reading all the delicious quotes you submitted on the last post - I loved all of them!

22 comments:

  1. I'm ISFP.
    Introverted (I) 68% Extraverted (E) 32%
    Sensing (S) 64% Intuitive (N) 36%
    Feeling (F) 95% Thinking (T) 5%
    Perceiving (P) 73% Judging (J) 27%

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new header!

    I was in between on probably 80% of the questions, because each answer I could see being used in different situations.

    Your personality type is ISTP.
    Introverted (I) 64% Extroverted (E) 36%
    Sensing (S) 59% Intuitive (N) 41%
    Thinking (T) 55% Feeling (F) 45%
    Perceiving (P) 82% Judging (J) 18%

    But I guess I'm still not that much of a people person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agh, I took it again (I've done it before...) but I really hate these tests so I'd rather not share :P I don't think this test is a very good judge of your personality. I like the Myroad one... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a psych major and the Myers Briggs is one of the very few personality tests I believe in.
    I'm an INTJ--we're pretty much the most rare type, which I think is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *SQUEE* Someone else who is as obsessed with this thing as I am? (The four temperaments are interesting too.) I have way too much fun trying to analyse every fictional character I encounter--and real people also, who don't always appreciate it, alas.

    INFP? v. interesting, I can definitely see that!

    I'm an INTP though I've also gotten ISTP on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a fellow INFP, and fit the description almost perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm an INFP too

    Introverted (I) 71% Extraverted (E) 29%
    Intuitive (N) 82% Sensing (S) 18%
    Feeling (F) 55% Thinking (T) 45%
    Perceiving (P) 64% Judging (J) 36%

    That was really interesting, I'll have to read further into those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm INTJ. I'm not sure that I like it....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm another INFP. Most of the description fits, some doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S. I really love the new header.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am an INFP:

    Introverted (I) 57% Extraverted (E) 43%
    Intuitive (N) 77% Sensing (S) 23%
    Feeling (F) 60% Thinking (T) 40%
    Perceiving (P) 59% Judging (J) 41%

    Your new header is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've taken that test a few times. I love how the results change as I grow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is all so interesting...

    Q, Erin, and Merissa - Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. INFP. (Just like you!)

    Sorry I haven't visited in a while.

    xo,
    SL

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm INTP.
    Introverted (I) 89% Extraverted (E) 11%
    Intuitive (N) 64% Sensing (S) 36%
    Thinking (T) 60% Feeling (F) 40%
    Perceiving (P) 59% Judging (J) 41%

    ReplyDelete
  16. INTJ into Personality Types here. Sure are a lot of NTs and NFs posting.

    ReplyDelete