Saturday, November 22, 2008

This is exhilarating

This coming Tuesday I fly out of Chicago, first to New York, and from there to Keflavik International Airport.

I will be in Iceland for seven days, staying at a hostel in Reykjavík. I will return to school next Wednesday night.

I've purchased my tickets, and I think I've chosen a hostel - but that's pretty much all I have planned for solid so far. I suppose I'll just take the adventures that come to me.

I could say a lot more about why I'm going, but I think I'll let that wait for now.

And right now? I am laughing at how outrageous and crazy and wonderful it is to just pick up and go to Iceland on my own on less than a week's notice. I am excited and kind of incredulous, and sometimes a little terrified. Insanity is pretty liberating, though.

11 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't wait until I can do that. Sounds exciting, give us updates often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think half the fun of it is simply in the thrill of throwing caution and planning to the wind. Have an amazing time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to hear about this trip! Be sure to take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to hear some more details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) I want to be you when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I arrived here since you faved some of my snapshots on flickr : ))

    Have fun in Iceland, it's a terrific place that changed my life! You will adore it for sure!

    Don't forget a raincoat, a good moisturising cream and loads of memory cards for your camera : ))

    (and if by any chance Jerome is still working at the Hostel's reception, tell him hello!) : )))

    Have fun!!
    Laura (Lauronsky)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing! How exhilarating! I wish you the best of luck on your travels. <3 stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck! Have fun and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohmygosh, it's all happening so fast!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete