Saturday, December 13, 2008

Resisting the urge to make an "honest to blog" pun

The Honest to God meme, from the ever-gracious Sarah Louise

Rules:
List 10 honest things about yourself.
Pass around some linky love, seven to be honest.

1) I can kind of see myself raising children - but the thought of actually bearing them? Terrifying!

2) I have a packet of saffron pinned to my bulletin board. Intended for Cornish saffron cake. Well, cupcakes, actually. But it's been a month and a half since the last batch of cupcakes.

3) I hate when people think that being hospitable means you can't leave a person alone.

4) I know that I make past experiences into more than they actually were, and I dislike that. It makes me feel like I can't trust myself.

5) Of the four full-length works we were assigned in my German literature class, I read one in German, one in English, parts of one in English, and one not at all.

6) I think my respect for the advice of certain friends has been undermined by the fact that they counseled me against Iceland and it turned out to be the best thing I've done all year.

7) I am good at tricking myself into thinking that I dislike people whom I actually only envy.

8) For several years, dancing professionally was my aim in life. Ell-o-ell.

9) I used to be in a Facebook group called something like, "My room is cleanest the night before a paper's due." It is so true of me - when I have a big assignment due, I go all out procrastinating. I write letters, clean dishes, vacuum, dust, do laundry, finish pleasure reading books, clear out my feed reader, re-initiate online contact with old friends...the list is endless.

10) My bookends are a bottle of rosewater, a mug of cold forgotten chamomile tea, a tub of lotion, and a tea-chalice thing my sister brought me from Morocco.

I tag:
Rebecca Joy
Edge
Geekspawngirl
Maribeth
The Ballerina
Cassandra
Bridey

14 comments:

  1. I'll be doing this tomorrow or Monday. :)

    Nice bookends. :P
    and I feel ya on the procrastinating thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I am in the same Facebook group! procrastinators unite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love number one. Probably because I feel the same way.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll do this one tomorrow, probably. Or at midnight tonight.
    I think number one pretty much applies to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Word to 4 and 7.

    As for 1 - I can see myself bearing children, but actually raising them? Terrifying. heh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll get on this...it's been a while since the Blogger world has seen me :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tag! :)

    and one of my favorite sayings is "I'll procrastinate tomorrow". =)lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really shouldn't be surprised that so many of the bloggers I connected with turn out to be procrastinators too, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snap. I too would like kids some day, but the idea of giving birth to one? I don't know could I do that! I use the fact that redheads have the lowest pain thresholds as my excuse!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A girl in the world - Indeed? How interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. at least saffron is a pretty spice!
    i also love the photos of street art you took~ amazing!
    happy christmas to you dear:)
    x ashley

    ReplyDelete