Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Things I really want to do before I die

I intend to keep adding to this list.

1. Explore an abandoned building.
2. Work in another country.
3. Spend the night in a library
4. Become vegan. [DONE: 1/2017]
5. Spend a while in Greenland.
6. Become competent with a sewing machine.
7. Cultivate a hobbitish quantity of foot calluses.[DONE: 4/2010]
8. Dance a treble reel.
9. Learn to ride a motorcycle.
10. Watch the world wake from a balcony in Paris.
11. Be published.
12. Learn to taste the difference between bad wine and good wine.
13. Snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef.
14. Dance at a céilí.
15. Attend a protest. [DONE: 3/21/10]
16. Meet all of my bloggy friends.
17. Be mistaken for a Dutchwoman in the Netherlands.
18. See a new country or a new part of the U.S. every year.
19. Eat a mangosteen [DONE: 5/13/10]
20. Walk through the subway tunnel.
21. Learn the dance from the "Love is Battlefield" music video.
22. Try a durian and a rambutan.
23. Spend a spring in Russia.
24. Become comfortable asking strangers for their portraits.
25. Kayak in Iceland's Westfjords [ideally while I'm there with this program].
26. Take a Bikram yoga class.
27. Make pasta from scratch with Amanda and her nonna.
28. Drive the remainder of Iceland's Highway 1.
29. Visit Svalbard.
30. Drive a Smart car.
31. Stay at a convent/monastery.

If you've posted a life list, drop me a link!

16 comments:

  1. What a fantastic list!!! I might do one of these too. You're so full of interesting posts lately! =) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great start to a list like this. Also, that fruit is possibly the FREAKIEST thing that one is intended to eat that I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ilovethislistalotandallthesethingsarepossiblythecoolestthingstodoinalifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try a mangosteen so badly. Too bad I have no idea where to obtain one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bambola - Fanks! And you should!

    Cassandra - It is rather alien-looking, isn't it...but, Justine Larbalestier insists often that it is delicious.

    Maya - I'd be grinning too...;)

    Summermoon - whythankschickadeeyoushouldmakesureyoucomealongforsomeofthem.

    Q - Likewise, sadly. At least in the U.S.

    pinkapplecore - Aw, well that makes mee glad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your list! I'm in the middle of writing a life list at the moment, it's taking ages because I keep adding new things...

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://thejournaloftaiger.blogspot.com/2009/04/ambious-adventures-i-wish-to-accomplish.html

    I made my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! Except in my opinion mangosteen does not taste as delightful as it looks. What you really want to eat is rambutan, which you can find here: http://blog.hotelclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/01_rambutan.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHH just posted a life list too! although i admit - yours is a little cooler ;]

    http://paper-lollies.blogspot.com/2009/04/before-i-die.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great list
    I think mine needs an update - haven't though of it for a while now (can actually cross some things off! woohoo!)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should totally publish your poems yourself with lulu.com or something and give the book out as presents!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was mistaken as a Dutchwoman in Amsterdam!!! :O

    ReplyDelete
  13. pakitroki - Nuhuh! How funny! I put that on the list because I'm part Dutch, and I've been told that's the nationality that comes through the most in my appearance. Anyways, lucky you! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete