Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Rainy-day sweetness


Can I say "Goodness!" as an observation, a descriptor? A verdict?

Here is where I live, in my parents' house, which is full of space and creaking floorboards and cool daylight, which is slowly changing color on the outside in the rain.

And here it is a day for humming, for wearing thick socks, for making my favorite vanilla cupcake recipe carefully, for listening to Yael Naïm for a while.

My cat is sleeping in the pale gray-day light that she believes is warm, and on streets I can't see from this kitchen, there is the sound of cars rushing through the rain.

13 comments:

  1. um, but it's not Friday...

    fairy cakes <3

    xo,
    SL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah Louise - But it's ABOUT Friday. Gosh...hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why does your cooking always look so good???

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the things that sets you apart is that you appreciate the life you have, right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie - Thank you. :)

    Priya - The real question is whether I make ugly food and simply don't post pictures of it, hm?

    Beth - There is no other compliment I would rather receive. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahw.... I think I might have to visit my folks & bake tonight! They look so tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I might try this recipe, the cupcakes look YUMMY! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look delicious! :) yummm!
    I've always wanted creaking floorboards ...
    x

    ReplyDelete