Wednesday, May 27, 2009

More from August [I'm working on forgiving you]

1. Truth, like other aspects of God,
has weight—
too much for one person to carry it alone.

2. You know the truth needs to be told
when it resists the telling so strongly
[how it digs into the sides of my throat...]

3. Listen, I am
no good at asking things of people;
I do it halfway and uncomfortably,
but here is what you can do
[difficult but simple]:

There is something true
that I don't want to tell
and you won't want to hear.
Listen to it anyways.

7 comments:

  1. This is very honest and very gut-punching and good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I like the new layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes. This is so powerful and tough. But it is very raw and honest, and very very painful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3. Wowww.

    (Love the layout).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to tell you yesterday (after I read this) how much I loved it.

    Safe and happy travels to see Erin and Faith. I love that you will see each other ... for real, as they say.

    ReplyDelete