Thursday, July 16, 2009

Last day in Iceland

I went walking in the park behind the hostel on my last full day in Iceland. It's on the edges of Reykjavik—more roads, a couple business parks, not many houses.

I think of Iceland always in these colors, thin ice and dead grass and sleeping trees and northern ocean and early winter sky. I'm glad I went at the time of year that I did.


Leaves frozen under ice on the pavement.






You can see Esjan, the beautiful, beautiful mountain that lies to the north of the city, across the water.



4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place. I'm glad you got to go enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the last photo. I'm glad you've had a good time!

    (confession: i did not get that you were actually in iceland until...just barely. i thought they were older pictures. am i dumb? or just unobservant? but honest, so points for me. ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Georgie - Oops! Actually, they are old pictures. From November/December. I starting posting about the trip right after I got back, but I got distracted, and I really wanted to finish up.

    Always points for honest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay. I'm not completely stupid then. :)

    ReplyDelete