Friday, July 17, 2009

Snapshots

• A hall full of bridesmaids in their pajamas checking rented champagne flutes for chips

• The groom is right outside this window with a leafblower jetpack thing on his back

• Bachelorette party: Bass you can feel in your throat, I'm the designated driver and the last one dancing and I wish we'd stayed until closing time, I end up with her wedding planner friend holding onto my thigh for dear life when she falls over trying to get low low low low during "Apple Bottom Jeans," we have these enormous glittering pink fake flowers in our hair which would be garish except that we're in this lunatic underwater lighting dim and where everything is sparkling anyways, everyone looks luscious when they dance full-out, I am certain that I will get hit on by a sketchy character before the night is out

• Maid of honor says she is frightened by my laugh

• I remember one of my favorite things that anyone has ever said about me, which is that there isn't always much of a difference between me sober and other people a little drunk

• Dresses hanging in front of a window like one of those shots that always gets lots of likes on Tumblr

8 comments:

  1. Hey! You are 'following' me! (In a good way). Thanks!

    Like the image of the pyjama-d bridesmaids. And wish I also had a laugh of which people were frightened. My laugh is rubbish.

    Have a good wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like SO much fun =) Those snapshots sound fantastic... can't wait to see the visual snap shots =) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah it sounds like you're having a great time!!! can't wait for picture.

    p.s. I have a weird laugh too. ^. ^

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Another weird laugher right here.)

    It all sounds like so, so much funn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that comment about your laugh. Really, I love this whole post. And you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i tried to get low low low once. it didn't work out as well as i planned...

    ReplyDelete