Thursday, July 23, 2009

Things that are making me happy

My puppy who isn't mine

Homemade cinnamon bread

Handwashing laundry

Cozy too-long dorm sweatpants

The prospect of house-sitting some more next week

Coming up with new outfits for old clothes

Dreams of a nomadic semester [what if I...took all online courses and spent a week traveling for every three or four weeks that I spent working here?]

Japanese aesthetics [currently reading]

"Reckoner" by Radiohead [thanks, Jamie]

Days when I wake up early early without meaning to. Last time I went biking into Golden Gate Park. Today I just read some Goblet of Fire and ate aforementioned cinnamon bread.

11 comments:

  1. i am STOKED that radiohead makes you happy, too.

    p.s. i got a whole cd of feist remixes from a friend and you probably need to hear them. soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you and dog look so cute toghether!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh, I love the thought of a nomadic semester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I steal that puppy who isn't yours?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please send me some of that cinnamon bread!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely dog!

    Right now, the only thing making me happy...is possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh lovely time. I've been meandering around your blog for the last half hour just having the most enjoyable time. Loved reading about your sister's excellent special wedding, your day with Odessa and the yummy delicious cookies and the lavendar especially. Oooh and dribbly peaches and 'How Green Was My Valley'(did you cry?)

    See, the thing is, I've only just discovered that the new version of IE8 has a glitch which stopped me from visiting my favourite blogs by either freezing the freaking page or just pinging up with a hugely alarming message telling me to ABORT this operation. Anyway, its gone and I'm back. Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, you have an award waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you are happy, I am happy.

    And Tessa coming here glitters your world even more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is SO WEIRD! I was reading Goblet of Fire on the very same day. SCARY.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and your dog are soooooo cute together!

    ReplyDelete