Thursday, September 17, 2009

Conclusion on ze summer goals

- read three plays by Shakespeare [Othello, The Winter's Tale, and Much Ado About Nothing]

- plan and save for a trip to take later this year [Australia! One month!]

- take a good portrait of a stranger with permission


- make vanilla frosting that is neither too thin nor too sweet

- read one book in another language [the German translation of The Horse and His Boy]

- buy a waterproof camera and take some pictures underwater [did so at the beach in Laguna at the beginning of August]

So the only one I didn't get to was the vanilla frosting challenge. But that was a conscious decision at the end, because I remembered that...I don't actually like frosting very much.

4 comments:

  1. I love the portrait! I've always wanted to take a picture like that, with some sort of reflection taking up a good portion of the shot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very nice.

    Of all the goals you could have reached, you went for, and achieved, the right ones.

    I think I'm a few goals short, still. But, newsflash, my son's room is clean (and I mean brand-new clean) and newly painted. This was a VERY big goal, and I strike it off my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's awesome, i'm still a bit shy about just randomly going up to someone and asking..

    i hope you have a great weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. that picture is perfection!
    x ashley

    ReplyDelete