Saturday, September 12, 2009

Notes

Waffles and strawberries and tea;
it's raining and it's September

***

Dear Miss,
There's magic in the things that you have no clue how to say
yours, me

***

And Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

***

I have an idea, I said
Uh oh, she said
How about I stay curled up like this and you go dig me a hole that I can hibernate in?
I'll get on that, she said.

***

"Just the faith of an empty hand..."
The old reminder for myself these days:
Did God give you enough strength for today? Yes? And he will also give you enough for tomorrow. It's good and solid to know this.

***

Like Poem starts out like this:
I like the motion of hands tearing bread, especially yours
I like the way the sun sees your skin through the branches of the tree

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you've phrased the second part :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read this three times over now, and it gets better every time.

    ReplyDelete