Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Prescription

A bowl of cereal, an email from a friend, and some archived posts on another friend's blog. May all mornings be this humbling and inspiring. Today I'm relearning like a child how life keeps happening even where I am not. Thank God, I am never allowed to go too long before something pulls me back out of myself again, reminds me how to look outward.

Ich bin nicht bereit es so zu sehen
und anders zu verstehen als
dass die Wände, wenn sie näher kommen
für mich bedeuten dass ich wachse
bis ich sie sprenge, aus ihrer Enge mich befrei'

I'm not ready to see it that way
and to understand it differently than
that the walls, when they come nearer,
mean for me that I am growing
until I break them open, free myself from their narrowness

- Klee

4 comments:

  1. ooh, what a great way of looking at it!! Thanks for sharing. And I love me some German.

    xo,
    SL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It means so much that you read my drivel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking of those lyrics this afternoon... and thinking of them makes me think of you.

    Isn't life beautiful sometimes?

    ReplyDelete