Friday, September 25, 2009

Things that are making me happy



My neighbors appear to have moved their wireless router because I can no longer jack access their internet from my bedroom. Which means way less time on the computer, and I have to be more creative with my time. I wouldn't have made my room internet-less by choice, but it's a definite win.

A tea party with my childhood tea set. [I have some more pictures from that which I will show you.]

I'm thinking hard about returning to my old college. It's near Chicago and I did my freshman year and half of sophomore year there. It's just 2009 that I've been at home, first for some time off to sort myself out, and later taking community college classes online and working. I never thought I'd want to go back because I left on such a bad note, but the prospect is actually quite pleasing.

Excellent mix CDs from excellent people.

I cut my hair some more [stop, Holly, stop!] but it looks better now. So basically it takes me about seven weeks to give myself a haircut that I'm happy with.

The preview for next week's Project Runway has Michael Kors in it! Yay for Michael being back! Finally!

Jay McCarroll and Austin Scarlett (the designer, not my pet rat, although I love that one too). Yes, I'm watching season one again. But they're SO GREAT!
"I would just love to sort of set an example, for any dreamer, maybe not the most popular kid in school, or just anyone who's different, but who has a dream, to always stick to that dream, no matter how many times people tell you to walk a certain way, or talk a certain way, or act a certain way, dress a certain way, design a certain way. You can't listen to that, you have to be true to yourself. No matter what."
- Austin Scarlett

Gala Darling's podcast series, Love & Sequins.

Sociology of the family and anthropology and women's studies keep colliding with each other in the best ways. At times it's just like they're one big course.

Pondering getting pierced with Ellie while she's here.

I leave for Australia in seventeen days! EEPS!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how your decision making unfolds regarding the return to college. It's great to hear that the idea percolates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never had a tea set when I was a child. I had an ironing board thingy.

    ReplyDelete