Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sunday inspirations

Falling asleep on my floor listening to "Signs" on repeat, and I wake up every now and then and the earbuds are still in my ears and it's still playing.

The rolls of black and white film that I finally got developed

The idea of ideological purity: the political implications of personal choices (Barbara Ryan)

Summermoon's sister. She has the watchingest face I've ever seen.

Women's studies, anthropology, and sociology. I curl up in them and they keep me warm. They really do.

Alela Diane (listen here; thank you pinkapplecore for recommending her.)

Taking pictures of things I can't see: through a hole in a boarded up window, over the top of a wall, over my shoulder, etc.

Whales and eared seals sleep underwater, and when they need to take a breath, they rise to the surface and do so without waking up. I learned this from a Swedish poet today. [Confirmed by Wikipedia.]

Standing on things that you're supposed to sit on or at.

The flocking tent at the Christmas tree lot.

The phrase "white disorder."

Pigeons on the the grass at the park like small-minded flowers.

Yellow with gray.

7 comments:

  1. what beautiful things. love.

    (now i wish to see a picture of summermoon's sistah)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is flocking? (Your favorite feminist, Bostonian suite-mate)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin - facebooked two of them to you.

    Nikki - Anna didn't know this either, so maybe it's a warm-state thing? You know that sticky fake snow they put on some Christmas trees? Anyways, that's flocking, and they put it on in the flocking tent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww thanks dear!! I hope you got your letters, and I like your list!! especially taking the pictures and standing on things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pinkapplecore - Yesyes I did, and I sent you one back a couple days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was a Soc major.

    Have you read Fieldwork by
    Mischa Berlinski?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherry - No. Do you recommend it?

    ReplyDelete