Tuesday, January 5, 2010

To ring in the new year

My family drove down to Southern California to visit our clan.

The Central Valley was actually rather lovely in its wintriness.



 I met my blogging friend Cassandra. We went walking and picture-taking on the beach in La Jolla, because I had never been to a San Diego beach before.

Cassandra
La Jolla
tide

Cassandra chasing birds

We've been mutual readers for about a year and a half now, but this is the first time we'd met. In real life, Cassandra is graceful and has a sweet voice. You can tell she thinks before she speaks, because her words come out perfectly considered and aligned. She got lost coming to get me, but then she got unlost. She runs to scatter clouds of seabirds.

tide
tide
tide

And I stayed with my sister and brother-in-law in their little newlywed rental house. I love them so much, and they are so good to be around.

10 comments:

  1. Yay! =) This makes me happy. I hope you had fun; we should definitely adventure again when you next come down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like it was fun. The pictures are professional-looking!

    P.S.-I'm back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these pictures are lovely, although it's hard to believe that in winter you can take off your shoes and walk in the ocean. if i did that here, my feet would freeze off in minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christy - It was. Thank you! I had to rack my brain when I saw your name pop up in my inbox with a comment, but Hyperbole, I do remember you.

    Anna - Tee. What a silly place to pick to live.

    Geo - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww, that's too cool, love the photos..

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing photos, I really need to get my camera out more often! Happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cassandra looks so beautiful in the one where she's standing in the water and looking at her feet. It's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete