Saturday, May 29, 2010

Proud


My little sister Becca graduated from high school today.

She's a crazy kiddo who always makes me laugh, always has multiple boys chasing her, and always has a story to tell.

I love, love, love to just mess around and be a dork with her, but she's more than frivolous when you need her; she's a classy lady with strength and grace beyond her years, much like this one. [Picture: me calling in tears at 2 a.m. because I am completely broke, have to pay my next month's phone bill, they won't let me cancel my service. She listens and soothes. She says, don't worry. I'll pay it for you.]

And she says it's on her list of life goals to be blogged about. I figured this was one of the best excuses that'd come along for a while, so, my dear sister, I am so proud of you and love you so much. Congratulations on all your hard work and on getting out! You're going to have a stellar time at college.


Brother-in-law and big sister also came up for the big event...



And the first glass of wine that I ordered for myself, whoop whoop, some celebratory sparkly for the occasion. I scratched in the arrow with my butter knife while it was developing because I'd read in a novel that you can do that with instant films. Yay, you can.

14 comments:

  1. She's beautiful :) Ah, graduating...I admit I envy her a bit!
    I smiled at "always has multiple boys chasing her" That sounds like my older sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah congrats to your sis!!

    And I saw the beginning of this movie and there was this girl who looked like you she had red hair and wore this 60s blue dress....rode a bike into an army base and was chased down...yep completely reminds me of you :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenica - Yeah, not exactly my experience. Heh. When will your time to Get Out come?

    pinkapplecore - omg...thank you so much. That made my evening. :D

    Debbie - Yesss <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your sister! She's very pretty:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have two more years of highschool. I shall prevail! (I'm kidding, I'm excited for college but my school is a really good one.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this post makes me smile. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beth - Smiles. Hoping she thinks so too, haha!

    Milli - Ah, yes, she is. She's the one who gets asked to model by strangers!

    Jenica - Nods. Advance welcome to the storied junior year.

    Erin et Cassandra - :) :D :) [contagion]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello my Boo. This is the first time I have ever commented on your blog, but I know you know I constantly stalk you. =)
    I cried when I read this. I love you sooo much. It was worth the wait to be blogged about. You are incredible in every way my dear sister...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Becca - Welcome to the comments, Bex. You should play here more often. *smothers*

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats to your sis! she is beautiful, indeed. and so are you.

    love, love, love the scratched arrow. your instax pics are soooo good. i really need to order mine ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  11. odessa - thank yooouu. :) you'll have so much fun with yours; tell me when you get it.

    ReplyDelete