Friday, July 23, 2010

Things that are making me happy



the macarena.

my mom said, "you were made for the time when people went grocery shopping every day."

one of my friends told me that sometimes when a really insistent guy gives her his phone to put her number in, she uses it to text a donation to Haiti instead.

Susan calling me Tangerine Mama.

Q made up the term "sister-out-law"  for me to use for my sister's husband's sister. I luff it. much catchier than "my sister's husband's sister" or "my sister's sister-in-law" or "my sister-in-law-in-law."

watching video tutorials by even-voiced makeup artists at bedtime. good speaking + the fact that I don't care what they're talking about puts me in a TRANCE. bedtime perfect.

freeway singing.

MY LAPTOP BEING REPAIRED!

writing letters during lecture.

my new camera. so, so much.

having the cousin of my first roomie come stay with us while she visited San Francisco.

when you come in from the cold and wash your hands, and you keep your hands under the running water even after they're clean because the hot water feels so good.

7 comments:

  1. come in from the cold? Are you nuts? It's going to be so hot here today they are telling people to check in on old people 3x a day.

    How many cameras you got now? (Hee!)

    xo,
    SL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah Louise - Ahaha...oh dear. Yes, well, HERE it is about fifty-five degrees + wind and fog. I have four cameras, because I have inexpensive preferences. :P [Truth: they only total about $350 spent.]

    ReplyDelete
  3. third thing FTW that's TERRIFIC.

    love that last thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin - :D I know, right. When she told me, I was like, I HAVE TO TELL EVERYONE ABOUT THIS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the third thing makes ME happy. My friend just puts the rejection hotline number in, and I thought THAT Was good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to memorize the rejection hotline number for those purposes. Or put my real number in under another name--like Luna Lovegood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. geekspawn - Yeah, the rejection hotline is a pr'y clever idea. Winning example of finding a need and meeting it.

    Q - That'd be a good screening mechanism.

    ReplyDelete