Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Happiness and gratitudes


• clumps of undissolved hot chocolate powder from the bottom of the mug. they taste like brownie batter. nyumm.

• my grocery store is open 5a-12pa, seven days a week. okay, so apparently some are open 24/7, but I didn't know that and I still think it's pretty cool and crazy that I could ride my bike there almost any hour of the day.

• slouchy woolly knee socks that make me feel like a dancer in legwarmers. (they're so slouchy that once when I wore them on a plane, the security guards patted down my ankles.)

• smelling wood smoke when I step outside in the evening.

• going to bed early and sleeping for TEN HOURS.

• the really cute girl beside me in anthro drawing this really cute map of her home in her notes. "there's my hammock...here's where my horses are..." (she's from Kansas.) it was so cute that people kept asking to see it.

• the amazing and beautiful things that happen on the blogosphere. such as, I happened to know both Heather and Gabi, the former who can build websites and the latter who needed a website donated to her nonprofit...and, well, see for yourself! so perfect. gosh. good people and love and things working out. (I'm going to tell you more about what Gabi's doing soon.)

• me and my friend Quinn remembering that there's an Enya song called "No Holly for Miss Quinn." hee.

• letters.

• riding the train. going into a profound space-out staring out the windows, maybe listening to a podcast or some space-out music.

• my free month-long "trial" on Netflix. the instant streaming's so nice. today I'm watching The Royal Tenenbaums.
_____

and how about some more good people? Debbie, Chris and Vixel have paid Jeanima's sponsorship payments this month. thank you, my friends.

15 comments:

  1. quinn - I just listened to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The image of you having your ankles patted down made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These things all stirred happiness in me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bridey and pinkapplecore - I was chuckling aloud while they did. haha.

    Gabi - so good :)

    her - even streetcars, if I can't get to a proper train. I'm so pleased you understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I see Gabi on facebook sometimes, via my sister's page.
    I like the sound of that map. And letters. And trains. Mmm, and hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so pleased to have been the recipient of that letter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anon - course. there aren't that many people I'd write that much to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenica - is your sister One Part Gypsy?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holly - Yes, my older sister :)
    I actually found your blog because you'd commented on hers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ♥ so many of your goodness list...they hit the spot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Angel Dog Designs - naw, that makes me tremendously glad. :)

    ReplyDelete