Saturday, October 23, 2010

Home last weekend (farmer's market)

Last Saturday my mom and I went to THE farmer's market. I didn't know there was such a thing, but yes, there is, in the southeastern side of the city. It was a different atmosphere. The best way I can explain is with an analogy: this farmer's market is to the other farmer's markets I've been to as Buffalo Exchange is to Goodwill.




(does it get much better than being a small child with petticoats, your mom, and a bagel?)


Also there was this interesting building across the street...
I assumed it must be abandoned, but it had signs on the "front" door and a security camera!



I'm enjoying imagining that it's the headquarters of some anarchist collective.
Whose members require the freshest fruit and veg.





5 comments:

  1. You utterly and completely rock. I feel like I was there with you, petticoats and all.

    The answer to your question is: Wilmington, Delaware, Needham near Boston, Fort McMurray, Alberta.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah those petticoats are awesome! Great shots overall :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. muchas gracias, Jenica and Beth. aren't they, though? I love the look of little girls who dress themselves...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these photos - they make me smile!

    ReplyDelete