Saturday, November 13, 2010

Plastic sun

From a disposable camera. I peeled the paper off the outside, you know, that had the instructions on it, and inside were more instructions with a different brand-name on it. Hmm. The lens had a much wider angle than I expected. It was nice to have such a small camera, with absolutely no settings to fiddle with before a shot. I've got two more of them, and I haven't decided if I'll use them myself or try this idea I had, of giving them to two friends and asking them to pass them on after they take one or two pictures, and so on, and sticking a label on them with my campus mailbox number, saying, return it to here when the roll is finished, and I would get it developed and see what all these strangers had seen.
















16 comments:

  1. I love the idea of seeing what strangers have seen using a disposable.
    (the v for vendetta photo is my favorite)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin - that bench gets painted all the time; this was its Guy Fawkes Day outfit (but I suppose you guessed that).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that idea too! And these shots are really fantastic. What exactly did you do to the film?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle - gracias! but what do you mean, what did I do to it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! That is the best idea ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm maybe I misinterpreted that-- it seemed like you did something to change the angle exposure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danielle - the angle of the view? nah. it was just so wide in the viewfinder (and such a cheap camera), I didn't think it was accurate. was, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the "I'm a little teapot" shot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim - YAY I'm glad you noticed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting. I like them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh, nice. I'm impressed with your skills with disposable cameras. You're a photo ninja.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Danielle - hehe, thanks. my inspiration was this post from my sister's wedding photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your photography, even this disposable camera stuff. Well done. Thanks for checking out my blog too by the way. Peace.

    ReplyDelete