Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Things that are making me happy [post-finals edition]

• late-night snow frolics with my neighbor when we were in need of study breaks

• also file under that category: episodes of Xena

• academic articles about things that I truly want to know more about

• financial support in blogging (see the update)

• new friendships and the opportunity to begin afresh

MentorCONNECT podcasts

• hugs

• sleeping under the weight and warmth of many blankets

The Secret of Kells and its soundtrack

• dancing in elevators

• keyboard shortcuts

• the word "numinous"

• facial masks while I typed my papers. to destress my skin and to keep my stressed hands off it!

4 comments:

  1. Numinous is a pretty great word. So is luminous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. red-handed - numinous kinda means luminous to me, subconsciously. just because of the orthographic resemblance. it's unfair, but there you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like a warm, firm hug. Hugs are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenica - one point on which it is so important to have friends who are of the same opinion! hehe.

    ReplyDelete