Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Things that are making me happy


• the start of tangerine season.

• a video from my sister of her Baby Chloe smiling.

• open windows, even now, and the smell of night.

• first snow.

• writing wishes and intentions in incense smoke.

• the dear and wonderful Heather announcing that she is expecting her own bebe.

• Christmas break approaching.

• sufficient socialization. (I have recently implemented a social contact quota for myself.)

• gingerbread people.

• intuitive eating.

• talking to my German professor about study abroad options.

6 comments:

  1. I am also happy about eating tangerines and Heather's announcement. Thanks for the wonderful list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie - I didn't used to know there were winter fruits--isn't it wonderful? And why, you're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tangerines! Oranges!
    (I don't know if you already wrote something about intuitive eating here before, but as a former anorexic I would really like to know how it works for you.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making your happy list totally makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tangerines! And I also love fruit seasons, and that they have seasons.
    Care to share that quota?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Lena, I also am in recovery from an eating disorder. Intuitive eating's been very workable and very freeing for me, so long as I'm healthy enough for my hunger/fullness cues to be functioning normally.

    heather - it's so exciting for all of us who know you from your blog.

    Jenica - Meaningful social contact at least once every other day, meaning extended and probably one-on-one.

    ReplyDelete