Thursday, June 30, 2011

Anticlimax

So I left the Chicago area and I thought it was for good. For indefinitely, anyway.







Untitled


Nope. Eight more weeks of class (starting October). I'll rent a spare bedroom from an old lady and take three more half-semester classes. Those plus one online class plus the one joke of a class I'm taking in-person at present here in California will get me a B.A. in anthropology with a minor in German. (Finally.) (It hasn't been as long as it feels.)

Which also means that studying abroad next year in Germany is no longer in the cards. I'll find a way to get back there, though. My German is zang good right now but I'm not fluent and I want to be. I will be. Which means I'm going to have to live in Germany for a time. I'll figure out the auspices...later.

And I turned down the internship in Uganda that I told you I was taking. If I hadn't, I would currently be in the air somewhere between Amsterdam and Kampala.

I'd like a job. It's not in my control whether I get hired or not, but I'm applying to a couple each day, and I'll keep doing that either until I get hired or until my classes start.

9 comments:

  1. Germany will be fun. I'm glad you're nearing the end of the academia road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like that first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love the first picture, it reminds me of Georgia, Savannah specifically.

    things work out, I know you'll find a way to Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your photography skills mmphhh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shana - I reckon so, even though I don't know what it will actually entail. Me too.

    Olivia - Thanks! Willow still bare.

    Narwhal - Thanks. <3 I appreciate that.

    Erin - Plastic cameras, always a good time, you know, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... lots of unexpected turns in this episode! I guess there are more things for you to learn in Chicago...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin - Hmm. Yes, I reckon so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. makes me wish i could get to Chi-town this fall. You, Iceland-traveler, will get to Germany. Sending some petit gateaux--wonder what they are in German...

    apparently, just cupcakes will work. But I'm sending some Kleine Kuchen anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SL - Do they have a Megabus route form Chicago to yer Burgh? (Do I have money? Haha.) And well, I really want to find a GOOD way to go. I don't want to do it as a leisure/recreation thing; I'd really like to have something productive to do, and to stay there long enough to call it settled living.

    ReplyDelete