Thursday, June 16, 2011

Studying by the shore

I'm back in California, my friends, and I have two rolls of 35mm from Wisconsin to share. We students returned to the Chicago area on Saturday, and I took a few days there to see my friends. And that was so lovely that now I'm kind of sad that I'll be away from them until October, even though San Francisco is the city I love.

These I scanned in the living room of the apartment where I slept, which belongs to a beautiful dreamy Christian sistren. (Sistren, yes, it is a word! I was pleased.) Their place reminded me of some of the things that second-wave feminists wrote about the need for women-only spaces, about the potential of communities of women; they had realized some of that on a small scale in their apartment.

But now I'm in California, and looking towards another summer class, and I've promised to buy myself a certain amazing and expensive book [this] once I find a job. And here for the next few days, there will be Wisconsin scenes.






4 comments:

  1. Good lord, I read the gov't book a couple years back... Bloody misery.
    What kind of focus did you use in the last shot? Just analogue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being home is a lovely thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these pictures. i'll reply to your email soon! we should def hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Avery - Yeah, I was not a fan...so simplistic. Fortunately I dropped that class. Kind of focus? It was manual and on an analogue camera, if that's what you mean.

    Q - :)

    Natalie - Thanks! Looking forward. :)

    ReplyDelete