Saturday, September 24, 2011

Not long now

Wicker Park again. I made a friend this year who lives there, a little bit odd of a story beginning with a set-up by our mutual matchmaker friend, and I don't know if we now will stay friends, though it would be nice. It's hard to tell with people in general, whether to stay in touch or not. Even best friends can be forgotten, even acquaintances can be kept in touch with, if the circumstances and intentions are right.

(Flatness is a strange thing): In Chicago, you can look down a street until it meets its vanishing point.



4 comments:

  1. oh how odd. I haven't lived in a flat place for so long. (Pittsburgh and San Francisco share the hill factor.)

    And yes, it is so hard to tell with friendships. I'm glad we're friends. :)

    a fairy cake,

    Suzi (which is the German spelling.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SL - You have hills? I'm so glad; I think they make cities beautiful. You'd like San Diego, if you haven't been...
    And me too. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It's hard to tell with people in general..." I know, I know. Drifting apart is kind of sad. I love the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenica - Thanks. (For knowing, too.)

    ReplyDelete