Saturday, October 8, 2011

Happiness and gratitudes

• listening to excellent F Word podcasts while I'm baking or making my lunch.

• making it to an exam just on time despite two wrong turns.

• imagining having in-person radfem friends someday.

• Indian summer (i.e. our only summer), brief but divine.

• Ocean Beach with strange wave patterns and feathers in the water.

• my coworkers.

• cheap thrifted sundresses.

• how alive I feel when I'm driving fast on the freeway with loud music. electrified, or flying, or my own bioluminescent.

• pictures and videos of kelp forests (e.g.).

• daydreams of being in unfamiliar places. I've been thinking about moving to New Mexico for part of next year.

• writing letters in which I spill all my intellectual preoccupations.

• waking up at dawn one morning and moving my comforter and pillows out to the backyard to have the rest of my night's sleep on the hammock.

• the boy who always rings me up at the photo lab, because how often do you meet a truly jovial hipster?

5 comments:

  1. Those letters, and writing such, sounds glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ocean beach, letters, jovial hipsters :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie's gratitude:

    *how alive I feel when I'm riding fast on the freeway in a blue station wagon in San Fran with holly's awesome driving and loud "American indie" music gazing over the mist on the hills. electrified, or flying, or my own bioluminescent...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenica - And gratitude for the right people to send such letters to! Do you have one, or some?

    red-handed - Who knew I was capable of good ideas in the MORNING?

    odessa - YES! Haha, he's our new mochi boy.

    aipingplum - I am really glad that you were able to come along in that and come along inside that mood. Driving is my guilty pleasure and my fail-safe euphoria...

    ReplyDelete