Sunday, November 27, 2011

Recognizing what I need tonight

(I needed to take the time to think about what I needed, for starters, so thank you, Sui.)

To wait to revise blog posts until tomorrow, because I can't revise well at this time of night.

To face my assignments, because being afraid of them makes me literally ill, so kindness and mindfulness ought to take the form of Biting the Bullet.

To begin again simply, and read Paul's letter to the Hebrews. To taste my old practices again, thoughtfully  the things that "being a Christian" used to imply for me.

To respect the bedtimes that work for me, regardless of how productive or unproductive I have been with my evening.

And a dose of negative capability.

You?

3 comments:

  1. beautiful and inspiring for me just to read someone else's needs-- ahh. honored to have inspired the thought.

    also, I should probably review negative capability. I was actually reading Keats the same night I decided not to hurt myself anymore! (or to try my best not to)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed to go across the hall and help my (very small) asian neighbor hang up the Christmas lights she brought back from home. I adore her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sui - Really. I'd like to hear about that sometime.

    Q - The Swede and her diminutive neighbor -- that sounds like an ideal neighbor relationship. :)

    ReplyDelete