Sunday, December 4, 2011

Happiness and gratitudes

• hospitality

• winter

• that a shower and stepping outside for a few moments makes everything better

• a care package of tangerines

• sleeping on campus during the day sometimes instead of in my room at night

• my new pets, which are two star-shaped foil balloons

• how many options I already have for next year

"Near Town," by The Amazing Broken Man

• bike rides when I get cabin fever late at night, and the combination of emptiness and dark in the streets

• soccer-field stargazing for too long and my toes going numb

• a feeling of soon-will-have-smashed-something-edness

• emailing with Sui

• long Skypes with my Bostonian contesserate

• pesto/tomato grilled cheese

• soon I'll have my degree

7 comments:

  1. Finally finishing a degree is the best feeling ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto the pesto/tomato grilled cheese. Mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, finishing a degree is definitely a cause for celebration. at the french resto? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poppy - It ought to be! 'll be so nice to be geographically flexible again and be able to apply to jobs that require a degree...

    Q - Lunch and then leftovers for dinner! Amen.

    odessa - YAY yes PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about the shower/stepping outside--it's like it cleanses you inside and out and you can start over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hear you on the shower/stepping out.

    always honored to be on this list, you're definitely on mine :)

    tangerine care package sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather & Sui - I like hearing that it's not just me! Isn't it such a "begin afresh" feeling?

    sui - Ohw <3 And yes...a flat-rate box full of satsumas!

    ReplyDelete