Saturday, December 31, 2011

Walking

Come talk a walk with me, amiga. It is a December afternoon in San Francisco, heading towards evening. The air is cool and soft, and when we reach the top of a hill, you'll see it's clear on the horizon, no haze as on warmer days. The trees and gardens are greener than ever, soaking up the wet of our mild winters. People are wearing their coats and scarves because they like to, but they're unlined, and it's really only fifty or fifty-five degrees. A gentle season. We'll stop by the post office to drop off these packages (belated Christmas gifts) and maybe see how the pomegranates are at the produce store across the street...

7 comments:

  1. I am with you, as I love to be. Happy New Year, you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could walk with you, it sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to be my weird self and say
    that tree looks like giant ginger
    but really, the first thought I had was that it looked like poop. maybe elephant poop.

    <___<;; am I trolling...?

    happy new year, holly! i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth - Same to you!

    Jenica and Q - You would both be very welcome.

    sui - Oh! No, I have to agree. About the ginger, anyway. My original thought was that it looked like a person in a monster costume with their arms raised. Can definitely see ginger, too...or taro...a root more than a tree. Happy New Year to you too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have anything to say about this. I just like it.

    ReplyDelete