Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Gratitudes + things that are making me happy

• finally feeling well again, and having the energy to DO things

• fogscapes

• the string of folded paper stars my friend sent me, which are now hanging at the head of my bed with the Christmas lights

• Lauren Winner

Double Dare (my new favorite documentary)

• honeybush tea

• doing good, worthwhile things

• sitting up straight

• curing hiccups with shoulder stands

• laughing and chatting with my little sister

• using up a bottle of lotion from my burdensome collection of gifted Bath & Body products

• interesting podcasts

• dancing for a few minutes to warm up instead of turning the heater on

• preparing packages

• plans to help Miss Erin celebrate her birthday? *crosses fingers*

8 comments:

  1. When is dear Erin's birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a book about leadership and positivity and all that stuff and one of the suggestions was making a list of five things, each morning, that you're looking forward to for the day. That's what this reminds me of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaleigh - I like that twist on the exercise, preparing yourself in advance to be grateful and enjoy. (Also, hello and thanks for dropping by! I'm pleased to make your acquaintance.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dancing is a good idea. (Particularly if, like me, your house is freezing because you actually aren't in charge of the heater and will be in trouble if you turn it up.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenica - Ahaha, yes, I'm not supposed to either -- but my room's the coldest in the house, so I get an electrical heater.

    ReplyDelete