Thursday, February 2, 2012

Gratitudes + things that are making me happy


Erin, and her time here, and memories to keep

• the Goo Goo Dolls on nights when you need them

• my sisters, especially Little Sister because she is here

• the beautiful and piercing book I am currently reading, about feminism and spirituality

• the library by the beach

• making space

• retrospection and gratitude

• three consecutive nights of vivid dreams about three different people I have fallen out of contact with

• the hammock in the backyard

• that it is not cold here

• Anne Sexton's poetry

Goddess Leonie meditations

• a full-time temp job lined up for March through May

Xena: Warrior Princess

• a short visit to my old favorite SF art museum, the Legion of Honor

8 comments:

  1. what nights do you NOT need the goo goo dolls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that hammock. remember the night we curled up on it, under a blanket, with my DVD player, and I believe... Never Been Kissed. I still don't know what happened with your family that night, but I loved being able to be there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What could be more blissful than a library on a beach??
    I'm sharing your gratefulness that it's warm [here] :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. a library by the beach..which one is it? i want to go! :)

    and yes, i'm always grateful for this lovely weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fé - ha, touché. but some nights they are absolute...first aid.

    Ellie - That night is one of the first things I think about when I think about you (I will never not remember it).

    Jenica - Fully actualized coastal bliss, inddeed.

    Erin - I miss you, miss.

    odessa - Ortega! Such views.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting sounding book, I need to get my hands on it.. I would love to know your thoughts on it when you have finished reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. almostclever - Mm, I recommend it. And certainly thought-provoking, especially as a complement to Mary Daly (my last read). I shall do a round-up of this month's books at the beginning of March.

    ReplyDelete