Friday, March 2, 2012

Gratitudes + things that are making me happy

• a magical care package

• the concept of equanimity

• friendship on analog ("slow friendship," Poppy Gallico called it)

• lovely customer service

• gathering bravery and rigor to articulate precisely to myself (in my journal) those things that I need to

• and the feeling of release that follows

• deciding not to care about some things that I could care about, but don't need to. like watching Downton Abbey.

• matriarchal visions

• decluttering/purging of possessions

• the extended version of the Swedish Millenium Trilogy

• deviled eggs

• being really honest

• still night air

• that in every epic fantasy movie, there is at least one man with exactly the same haircut as me

• also I trimmed my hair and it turned out quite well

4 comments:

  1. "deciding not to care about some things that I could care about, but don't need to. like watching Downton Abbey."

    my sister (Rachel) and I came to the same decision. we are free women, now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noel - yes. you understand just so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had the power to stop caring about Downton Abbey. And maybe I could if it weren't for that darned Sybil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fé - 's a bit easier for me; that gets to entail not starting to watch it in my case. phew safety.

    ReplyDelete