Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Introvert concert-going

I went to a concert alone for the first time, last week. It was CocoRosie in an old ballroom and it was an amazing show; I'm still kind of walking around in the afterglow. Weird and beautiful and so atmospheric. I forgot how much I love dancing: I will always be found among the true believers (I will always be among the last dancing). And it is just a beautiful thing to be not only feeling good music in your bones, but having that experience with a couple hundred other people in a dimly lit room.

7 comments:

  1. Beth - It was! -- I need to do it more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. introvert level-up! i wish i could've been there with you, but then it wouldn't be an introvert experience anymore, huh, would it... <3 i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Despite never having been to a concert alone, or a restaurant alone, or a movie alone, or...(woes of a non-driving non-commuter), I strongly believe that always having a friend at such events is overrated. There's just something blissfully your own about being alone in a public space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly - good on you. I just looked up CocoRosie and that's just the sort of music I imagined you'd like. Sounds like an amazing experience.

    Sui - sure, 2 introverts together are still introverts, if they let each other be :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lacey - Most definitely.

    Sui - Hehe, I will always remember you saying, "I just leveled up!" when you started poking around in the pantry.

    Jenica - Yes, yes, YES. I hope it's not long before you do get those experiences. :)

    Nicole - They're total aliens; I adore their personas and the kind of space they created for the duration of the concert...and yes, being able to be silently companionable, or even being together without being TOGETHER is a prizewinning trait in a friend, as far as I am concerned.

    ReplyDelete