Sunday, July 1, 2012

Gratitudes + things that are making me happy

• big big mugs for tea

• eucalyptus trees

• Australian plans

• niece, aged twenty months, calling my name when she doesn't know where I am

• taking pictures of her this and yesterday evening with one of my plastic cameras

• rosary-based prayers; prayer beads in general

• staying up late reading the Hunger Games trilogy on my brother-in-law's Kindle

• my big sister's new house, especially when the afternoon light comes in

• ice cream trucks

• having a journal with lined pages again

• feeling peaceful

• mockingbirds, and how they make my mom happy

8 comments:

  1. Georgie - It's SO much nicer than their old place. And I mean nice as in actually nice, not nice as in just fancier or more expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. - I found a friend of a friend's couch to sleep on during a strange and unplanned trip to a new city.

    - I am surrounded by so much love.

    - My internship stipend came through on schedule!

    - I am blessed beyond belief in so many ways.

    - I have not smoked a cigarette and over a week and my body and mind feel healthier than they have in living memory.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been wanting a rosary for so long!!! i really do like the idea of prayer beads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dont-flinch - So good. Mm. <3

    Erin - Go get one then! It's really been a good practice for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so beautiful holly! i love babies, and nieces must be the best kind i'm sure. and this reminds me that i don't think i ever replied to your email.. sadface :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, yes and yes! I'm heart-full and smiling. And excited by the mention of Australian plans. When, where, what?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicole - As of now, September-December; Perth and Sydney definitely, Melbourne likely; nannying/housewifing at a friend's in Perth and then traveling/visiting folks. (I'd love to see you in Sydney, by the way!) <3

    ReplyDelete