Sunday, December 16, 2012

Gratitudes + things that are making me happy

Untitled

• Edna St. Vincent Millay's poetry — I read through this online collection recently

• smiling kisses / kissing smiles

• harmless people

• good friends

• leisurely art museum afternoons

• a new pen pal

• taking time in the morning to feel put-together

• the numerous excellent dresses I op-shopped in the last two weeks of being in Australia, and how I now get to wear them with the extra jauntiness of lace-up boots and woolly winter layers

• not half-assing on my needs

• a somewhat epic friend rescue from LAX, staged by Sui in my hour of desperate need

• the simplicity and clarity of dancing sober and simply happy / with Erin in a dark concert venue during clean-up

• disco balls, by the way — not at ALL overrated

• short flights

• airports with free wi-fi

• and a brief visit with my Arizonan little sister for the first time in three and a half years

7 comments:

  1. seconding the second - as well as the dancing et disco ball. that was such a lovely, happy moment<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♥ ♥ ♥

    you were the epic one that day, my little wave-diver! ;) i(!) love you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post.

    particularly the second point, perfectly put :) they are the best kind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leisurely art-museum afternoons are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin - :) I owe ya for initiating. What kind of a person am I, that dancing doesn't occur to me automatically?

    sui - I love you too, chica.

    minteva - More kisses should be smiling kisses than not. That is my position on the matter.
    <3

    Jenica - If you are ever in Sydney, you must have a wander down to the Art Gallery of NSW. I think you would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and heart-warming. And I like Edna's poems too.

    I'm writing you a letter today. I've been writing it in my head all week at all the times when I haven't had time to write it down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicole - :) Something to look forward to. And I wonder if mine's arrived yet...

    ReplyDelete