Saturday, June 15, 2013

Lonely housesitter

I am housesitting for the usual family, for the fifth summer in a row.

In the last couple years I have come to dread nights here. Alone with all these empty rooms and just the family's dog, outside darkness and the moaning wind. I am so rarely lonely, but I am terribly lonely here. Lonely and fearful.

I wish I could just take a sleeping pill at nightfall and skip all of it, but the part-time work I'm doing from home is never finished in time for that.

5 comments:

  1. That's how I've been for the past week also. I'm sorry, Holly. Here's a virtual hug for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Georgie - Thanks, Georgie. *hugs back*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like me when I've house set. There's just something about being in someone else's house alone . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. SL - Thanks, my cupcake auntie.

    Layne - I'm glad you get the feeling I'm talking about...

    ReplyDelete