Thursday, September 19, 2013

An anniversary

Untitled
Untitled
Sunrise from inside Nadi International Airport (Fiji). September 2012.

Just a little over a year ago I left California for three months in Australia. Though my time out of the country was mostly quiet, spent in a little beach suburb where I had few social connections or formal obligations, I think my life would be quite different right now if I hadn't had that experience.

The anniversary of my leaving has me reflecting heavily upon that time and its impact on me. Over the next couple of weeks I'm going to share some previously unposted 35mm photos I took there, and perhaps some of my reflections as well.

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited for the photos but I am even more excited to read your reflections on the experience. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! we were both in the same (cluster of) timezones for a few weeks this time last year. my, how life (and, dare I say it, you and I) has changed since. how it has grown and evolved. I think I mean how we have, now. my, my, my. &x2661;

    (okay, it is refusing to let me comment via Name/URL on my phone. this is the almighty suizilla. xx)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kait - Thanks. :)

    Sui - An immense "indeed" to that.

    ReplyDelete