Sunday, February 16, 2020

Gratitudes + things that are making me happy

Untitled

• Several days of spring-like, hopeful weather to remind me that life is even better sometimes than I remembered it could be

• The sound of palm trees in the wind, especially at night

• Seeing flowering broccolini for the first time, and learning that it is a sign of deliciousness

• Wild beautiful front yards with humble ordinary houses inside them

• Sprinting to make a crosswalk light at the end of a jog

• Plants that remind me of Australia

• Eating tangerines in Hebrew class

• Magnolia blossoms and plum blossoms

• A subway busker with a bright green clarinet

• Flowering rosemary

• A new issue of Womankind to read on my breaks at work

• So many stripey shirts

• My carpool to work, and working on my knitting to stay sane when we are stuck in traffic

• An excellent clothing swap among a few friends

• Not starting work earlier than I'm scheduled to - occupying myself with a book, my journal, etc. if I arrive early

• Getting better at leaving work shortly after when my day is scheduled to end. Being realistic about what can wait, and doing what can't wait earlier in the day.

• Waxed fabric wraps for food

• Potato carrot onion soup

• Weekend snuggles

• Drifting away from Goodreads a bit, and recording my reading more in my own journal

No comments:

Post a Comment