Sunday, April 26, 2020

Flower chandelier

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

There is the most radiant blossoming tree near here. I took some pictures on film too, the next day. (Who knows when getting film developed will be practical again.) Do any of you know what type of tree it is?

I had a dream about a month ago that I discovered a tree with all different colors of blossoms on it, and in the dream I told my girlfriend, "It should be called a bouquet tree." This one grows in such a way that it kind of actually looks like bouquets growing on a tree - branches sprinkled with these absolutely stunning thick clusters of flowers. A sidewalk chandelier of flowers. An umbrella of bouquets. Something.

I listened to the full Norman Fucking Rockwell! album for the first time last week, and I am still kind of entranced and - trite though the word may be - actually inspired.

Also, I seem to have regained my attention span for reading, and I may be finally starting to enjoy all the cooking that lockdown involves.

4 comments:

  1. I have wondered what those trees are called because I see them every spring and they are gorgeous. This time I think I have successfully Googled: they seem to be Kanzan Cherry Trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless, bless! I love knowing their name. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Those flowers are absurdly beautiful. And I love your name for it ("flower chandelier"). What's your favorite song from NFR!? I remember enjoying "Cinnamon Girl" and "Happiness is a butterfly" a lot. Definitely a record worth listening to over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could show the tree in her entirety better!

      Ooooh, yes! "Venice Bitch" and "The greatest" are my favorites; I also love "Happiness is a butterfly" and really dig "Love song" and "California." Much repeat listening has been done already. She is hitting her peak (or not?!) and it is glorious.

      Delete